When You Care Enough to Call
It’s not the most comfortable thing in the world. Especially in this day and age where texting, email, social media and instant messaging are so prominently used. We could go days without actually hearing another person’s voice, but still believe we are having conversations on a daily basis.
This new reality is one we are all becoming accustomed to. While convenient for us and our busy schedules, it may not necessarily be the best thing for our business. Electronic communication can be easily ignored, brushed off and forgotten. But a phone call? Well, that’s a whole different story. A phone call is personal. A phone call now shows an extra level of care that it didn’t represent even a decade ago.
Specifically, I’m talking about picking up the phone and checking in with your Young Living downline and prospective members. We call them “care calls” and, no matter how nervous they make you, they are critical to the success of your business.
Why Make the Call?
For all the reasons I already stated above, and so many more, you need to add this lost art of communication into your follow-up routine. Here are a few more reasons:
- A phone call shows your member/prospective member they are important and worth your time.
- It enables a back-and-forth conversation that doesn’t always happen with electronic communication, enabling you to ask and answer important questions.
- Calling a member/prospect makes it harder for them to brush you off – they will see you as a legitimate business.
- It puts you on a new relationship level with your downline and encourages them to do the same with their members.
- It increases your chances at adding members and taking current members to the next level.
- Much more!
The sooner you start making these care calls, the sooner you'll start to see the impacts and the easier it gets. Soon you’ll be wondering why you weren’t always doing it!